We are committed to provide equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants. We believe in respecting diversity and welcome the differences. As such, we work on providing a healthy and safe environment where others are treated on their merit away from any form of direct or indirect discrimination whether on the ground of sex, religion, belief or age. As part of these endeavors, we became the first Bank in the region committed to women's empowerment. We developed internal programs to become the employer of choice for Lebanese women. We also believe in keeping employees fully informed on all matters affecting them.
To name a few of these endeavors:
- Flexible working hours to the female employees returning from their maternity leave, whereby mothers are offered a shortened working schedule for a period of two consecutive months as of the date they return from their maternity. This program was implemented in 2011.
- Committing to the UN Women Empowerment principles, becoming thus the first Bank in the Middle East and North Africa region to develop internal policies and promoting the growth of women employees, putting in place training programs for our employees, to ensure equal opportunities, inclusion and non-discrimination.
- The Creation of BLC Union to uphold the rights proclaimed by the Syndicate of Bank employees in Lebanon. These rights apply to all of BLC Bank employees and includes among others the right to freedom of opinion and expression
- Staff Awards Programs that help recognize high achievers in the Bank across all operational areas with specific recognition given to staff
- A remuneration strategy was also implemented to recognize individual performance